fundahope makes sure that all donations are paid to the campaign's beneficiary. We only approve fundraising for legal and ethical campaigns!
Bassma is a Lebanese non-profit association for social development, founded in 2002 (178A/D), which aims to empower deprived families and help them become self-sufficient.
Families are recruited based on their needs, without any political or religious discrimination.
The association works closely with the families in need, puts in place a Personalized Reintegration Plan for each family, and follows-up thoroughly on the development of each Plan. The family Reintegration Plan covers basic needs (e.g., food, clothing), education support (e.g., tutoring, a Night School Program), medical and mental health assistance (e.g., hospitalization, psychological counseling), and housing assistance (e.g., rental fees support, home renovations).
BASSMA has supported 400,000 persons over the last 18 years, and has received several awards for its good governance and transparency.
Bassma supports destitute families in need all over Lebanon, through the following services:
- Serving daily hot meals in the Smile Resto which opens 7 days a week (4,500 hot meals per month)
- Distributing weekly hot meals to sick and elderly people in their homes (500 hot meals per month)
- Distributing monthly packs of food and hygiene products (1,000 packs per month)
- Supporting the education of children in need through assistance in the school tuition and supplies (to 600 children per year)
- Operating a Night School (to 100 children per year)
- Renovating, restoring, and furnishing houses (300 houses per year, since 2008)
- Organizing family activities including educational, sporting, musical and recreational outings
- Helping parents seek employment through a platform that connects job seekers with potential employers
- Ensuring the payment of medical and dental expenses when needed
- Offering psychological counseling
More information about Bassma can be found on the website: www.bassma.org